Saturday, December 10, 2011

I Believe in Apple Pie

I'm pretty sure we all have those days where we go to bed early, ready to wake up early in the morning, jump on the ab workout machine (or whatever its called), and then go and tackle the next day with a vengeance. Then when morning comes around, you find yourself sleeping in to 12 PM, staring at your homework till 5 PM, and then going and sitting in front of the TV until 8 PM. That was yesterday...and so far today for me. Ha.

College has a way of doing that to me. Every semester I start off with 9 million goals in my head and all the motivation to be an amazing student. I buy myself a planner, I get 4-5 freshly bought notebooks marked up and ready for each class, I start reading my textbooks early. Then...the semester starts. I never look at my planner again. My 4-5 notebooks quickly become just one notebook used for every class. And I never read my textbooks again. This happens every time. For example: I'm writing this blog when I should be preparing a ten-minute presentation about Huckleberry Finn and writing another 8 page paper. It's a never-ending cycle.

The same thing happens with the way I feed myself. I go to the store at the very beginning of the semester and buy all sorts of goodies. I find myself buying loads of things to cook, complete with spices, ingredients, and recipes. I'm always stoked to begin forcing myself to learn how to cook. Then once the semester moves forward...the food I bought remains untouched and I resort to TV dinners. After the tv dinners, I resort to peanut butter sandwhiches. Now I'm living on Nutri-Grain bars and fast food. By the end of the semester, I'll probably have resorted to Pixi-sticks.

College- 1 Andrew- 0

No comments:

Post a Comment